Multifunction air fryers are the Swiss Army knives of 21st-century countertop kitchen gadgets. Unlike old-school toaster ovens, air fryers get the job done faster. Plus, the finished product is bursting with juicy flavors. What’s not to love about that? Since you’re here right now, you most likely want to cook your own rotisserie chicken at home on your countertop. Welcome to my guide to choosing the best air fryer with rotisserie.
In this guide, you’ll find options to cook rotisserie chicken, frozen foods, beef, seafood, and whatever else your heart desires. Plus, I selected the best air fryer rotisserie dehydrator multi-cookers for you. These handy kitchen gadgets allow you to not only cook delicious rotisserie recipes, but also give you the option to dehydrate your favorite fruits, veggies, meats, and more.
Now, let’s start with an overview of the five fryers that shows the most important specs to consider for each unit. After the chart, continue on to read my full reviews of each unit to make your final decision easier.
Top 5 Rotisserie Air Fryer Ovens
Rotisserie Air Fryer Reviews
Before we get started with the reviews, let’s quickly go over several key features to consider while you explore the reviews:
- Space – Since air fryers are heavier than traditional toaster ovens, there’s a good chance you won’t move your air fryer between uses. Consider the dimensions of each fryer, particularly the footprint, to ensure you have enough space on your countertop.
- Cleaning – As you probably already noticed, most brands do not recommend cleaning the accessories in a dishwasher. However, there are people getting away with it. One complaint we did notice concerns black specs rubbing off of accessories after being run through the dishwasher. It’s wise to investigate user reports to see if the model you choose has this issue.
- Reliability – Good air fryers typically cost more than a hundred bucks, and in most cases, you get what you pay for. Multifunctional air fryers rely on heating mechanisms and fans to function properly. When choosing the models included in this guide, I considered brand trustworthiness & reliability vs price.
- Size – The most common complaint you’ll find in multifunctional air fryer reviews concerns the oven being too small to cook a rotisserie chicken. This is the main reason I chose larger models when creating this guide. Always consider the max recommended weight for a chicken before you buy.
Now that you’ve had the chance to go over the key considerations, let’s take a closer look at each model in the individual reviews below. Each review outlines the highlights of each model. Plus, you’ll find the pros & cons to consider for each fryer.
#1) Yedi GV021 Total Package Air Fryer Rotisserie Oven XL
The Yedi air fryer won acclaim by making Oprah’s list of favorite things, and for good reason. Overall, this model is the best air fryer and rotisserie multi-cooker for the money. The first thing I really like about this air fryer rotisserie is the number of rotisserie accessories included in the base package. It comes with a rotisserie tong, rotisserie rod, rotisserie skewer, two mesh trays, and a mesh basket. This means you have everything you need to get cooking right out of the box.
Next, let’s consider the max bird size. Despite this fryer being the smallest of the five, it still manages to cook a chicken up to 5 lbs. However, this is the absolute limit, so if you find yourself wanting to cook a larger bird, check out Emeril’s fryer in the following review.
Several final highlights are the long 2-year warranty that beats most competitors, the vast number of presets (15 in total), the small footprint, lightweight design, and reliable dehydrator function. All in all, this little guy does it all while taking up little precious countertop space.
- The smallest footprint of the five models
- Longest warranty period
- The most bang for your buck
- Includes an assortment of rotisserie accessories not included with competing models
- Includes recipes
- 15 preset functions make it very easy to use
- Cleaning it is easy with just soap and water
- The rotisserie basket is excellent for cooking pork chops
- Finding the right cooking times and temps may require some trial & error
- Using multiple trays at once can extend cooking times
- You might not like the included silicone oven mitts
- Cannot cook chickens over 4 lbs depending on size
#2) Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360
Currently, there are two versions of the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer: a Standard version and the XL Family Size. The Standard version holds up to a 10-lb chicken while the XL holds up to a 14-lb turkey. Compared to the Yedi fryer, Emeril’s fryers are the better choice for people who want to cook chickens over 4 lbs.
Comparatively, the Standard version offers 930 cubic inches of capacity, and the XL version gives you a total of 1830 cubic inches. However, it’s important to consider the footprint of each oven to make sure you have enough available real estate on your counter. Compared to the Yedi fryer, both Emeril models have larger footprints.
As far as functionality, Emeril’s air fryer offers a total of 12 digital presets ranging from Dehydrate to Slow Cook. Plus, there are specialty presets for pizza, bagels, and toast. One drawback to consider when choosing between the Emeril AirFryer and Yedi model is the limited rotisserie accessories included with the Emeril AirFryer. Emeril’s AirFryer includes a rotating rotisserie spit only.
- Two sizes are available for cooking large birds up to 10 and 14 lbs
- Large easy-to-read digital display
- Recommended for motorhome and camper owners
- Accurate presets to make cooking various foods simple
- Cooks evenly with minimal mess
- 360° seamless airflow to shorten cooking times
- Easy to clean
- Fewer rotisserie accessories than competing models
- You might find the rotisserie function to be noisier than you’d like
- Larger footprint than competing models
- Instructions could be better
#3) Cosori CO130-AO Original Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Of the models in this guide, this is the biggest air fryer with rotisserie at 32-quart capacity. While this is great for cooking larger chickens and feeding a family, it’s important to consider that this model has the largest footprint. At 20″ wide, it’s over 6″ longer than the Yedi air fryer.
On the bright side, its large capacity makes this air fryer one of the best countertop pizza ovens for cooking up to 13″ pies. Additionally, it holds up to six pieces of toast and up to 5-lb chickens. For rotisserie, the base package includes a spit and rotisserie handle, which is one more tool than Emeril offers yet fewer than you get with the Yedi air fryer.
A couple of the features I like are the attractive stainless steel exterior to match most modern kitchen decors, five total heating elements for even cooking, the automatic interior light feature that clicks on when the food is almost done, and the responsive customer service. Overall, this model is good for people who have enough available counter space and want a rotisserie air fryer that can also cook pizza.
- Cooks rotisserie chicken evenly, and the built-in convection fan crisps the skin
- Its large footprint makes it the top air fryer rotisserie/dehydrator in this guide (includes a mesh tray accessory)
- A good choice for larger families
- Easy to monitor food while cooking with the built-in oven light and large clear glass door
- Cleaning the interior walls and accessories is easy
- Fits larger baking dishes and pans than competing models
- Quiet function
- Consistent results
- The largest footprint of the models in this guide
- A 2-prong rotisserie spit rather than 3
- The Fryer basket and baking pan are handwash-only
- No replacement racks or baskets
#4) Instant Omni Plus Multi-Use Toaster Oven
Of the Instant Brands models currently available, the Omni Plus is the best air fryer oven for rotisserie chicken of the bunch since it has the largest capacity. At 27.5 quarts, it offers more than double the space of the popular Vortex Plus model. This is important to consider since the Vortex Plus also has a rotisserie feature, yet the unit is too small for cooking a full chicken.
One of the advantages of choosing the Omni Plus over the Cosori CO130-AO is Omni’s smaller footprint. Instant cleverly positioned the controls on the top of the fryer to save you some valuable counter space. There’s enough room inside the Omni Plus to cook a full chicken, six pieces of toast, and up to a 12″ pizza which is only 1″ smaller than the Cosori CO130-AO fryer.
Lastly, the Omni Plus includes 2-prong rotisserie forks, a spit, and a rotisserie lift for cooking full chickens up to 4 lbs. In total, there are 9 Smart Programs and 2 cooking modes for air frying, baking, broiling, dehydrating, toasting, slow cooking, and more.
- Dual top and bottom heating elements for reliably even cooking
- Smaller footprint than the comparable Cosori CO130-AO fryer
- Timed cooking programs for easy hands-free cooking
- One of the better models for large families
- A trustworthy company that stands behind its warranty
- The included recipes and instructions could be better
- Limited rotisserie accessories
- The unit requires space around it since it does put off heat
#5) Crownful TO5712T-UL 19-Quart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Crownful’s 19-quart model is currently the best budget air fryer oven with rotisserie available. At the time of this writing, it’s the most affordable model in this guide, yet it manages to offer a larger capacity than the Yedi and Emeril fryers. Compared to the Instant and Cosori models, this model by Crownful sports a smaller footprint for people concerned about space.
The next highlight is the included rotisserie accessories. The base package includes a circular skewer rack, rotisserie forks, a rotisserie handle, and a rotating basket, which puts it just about on par with the Yedi accessory package. In total, there are 10 cooking presets with the option to dehydrate foods using the included fry basket.
One final consideration is the recommended max chicken size. Crownful recommends chickens no larger than 2.5 lbs, making this oven the least ideal for rotisserie chicken of the fryers in this guide. Other than that drawback, this fryer offers more than most for the money, especially considering it includes 8 accessories.
- Includes more rotisserie accessories than Emeril, Instant, and Cosori models
- Intuitive controls with presets
- Good quality parts for the money
- The most affordable of the models in this guide at the time of this writing
- Cooks food evenly
- The selection knob may get warm to touch during extended use
- Be careful not to place it below cabinets that are prone to warping
- The drip tray cannot be placed above the heating element when using the basket
Before choosing the best rotisserie air fryer for your home, be sure to consider the size of the unit and the rated capacity for cooking chicken. If you want an air fryer oven with rotisserie functionality that can handle full chickens, Emeril’s fryers are currently the best for chickens that weigh more than four or five pounds.
If you’re okay with cooking birds up to four pounds, the Yedi air fryer is currently the best since it comes with the most rotisserie accessories. Also, it’s priced very fairly when compared to competing models. Finally, large families should consider Cosori and Instant models since they offer more space for cooking pizza, toast, and other foods.