The smart air fryer epitomizes what this site is all about, which is hands-free cooking. What’s the difference between a normal air fryer and a smart fryer? Well, the smart air fryer makes life even easier by incorporating WiFi, smart apps, smart presets, and/or Alexa & Google Assistant functions. The biggest advantages are the ability to cook remotely and to program your air fryer – the ultimate convenience for us multi-taskers. So with those thoughts, welcome to my guide to choosing the best smart air fryer for your home.
In this guide, you’ll get an idea of the current top models, how to use them, the features they offer, and complete reviews of each model. By the end of this guide, you’ll be well on your way to smartly air frying your favorite foods in the comfort of your own home.
Now, without further ado, let’s get started with an overview of my current top picks before jumping to the in-depth reviews of each.
Top 5 Smart Air Fryers
Smart Air Fryer Reviews
As you already noticed in the chart above, there are several types of smart air fryers available. Below is a quick list of the available types:
- Smart WiFi-Enabled Air Fryers with Smarts Apps + Alexa & Google Assistant Compatibility
- Smart Air Fryer Ovens that use smart algorithms to take the guesswork out of cooking
- WiFi-Enabled Smart Air Fryer Ovens
Currently, options are limited in the WiFi-enabled smart air fryer department, and Cosori is the clear leader. Proscenic is Cosori’s main competitor with its comparable model. However, Cosori is the first brand to offer a smart air fryer oven with WiFi, which is truly next-level stuff.
In the following sections, I share reviews of each model to help guide you to the perfect fryer for your home.
#1) Cosori CS158-AF Smart 5.8-Quart Air Fryer
Cosori’s model CS158-AF is the model that started it all, and it’s still going strong as the best smart air fryer on the market. I previously included a Cosori model on my list of the best air fryers with rotisserie, and I really like what this company offers. It’s clear that Cosori is dedicated to its Air Fryer production and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to do with an air fryer.
Several of the features offered by this machine that you’ll love are:
- The VeSync app for iOS and Android devices is the most advanced and user-friendly app currently available
- 100 recipes built into the app
- Pair your smart fryer with Alexa for completely hands-free operation
- Preheat, Keep Warm, and Shake functions
- The non-stick pan is super easy to clean
- Delayed start times up to 4 hours (this allows you to set the air fryer to automatically cook up to 4 hours in advance)
The only real drawback to this model is that it’s air-fry-only. If you’re interested in a smart air fryer oven, I recommend skipping ahead to the new Cosori 12-in-1 model.
- The ability to program the Cosori fryer to cook up to 4 hours in advance is a feature you won’t find offered by standard air fryers
- A perfect choice for smart home enthusiasts with Alexa devices
- The non-stick surface totally delivers
- A compact footprint
- Intuitive controls with plenty of presets
- Easily connects to the Google Home app for voice commands
- Replacement baskets are available from the manufacturer
- Cooks food evenly and consistently
- The power cord could be longer
- Limited functions compared to a smart air fryer oven
- The release latch can be finicky
- No cooking temps below 170°F
#2) Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer
Now, let’s check out Cosori’s main competitor, Proscenic’s T21 model. Is it better than the Cosori CS158-AF fryer? Overall, I like Corsori’s model more for the money since it does cost less at the time of this writing for mostly the same functions. However, there are several features and differences to consider that may lead you to favor the Proscenic fryer.
Proscenic T21 vs Cosori CS158-AF:
- One feature that’s better in the T21 is the ability to schedule cooking times up to 12 hours in advance, which is 8 hours more than the Cosori model
- At the time of this writing, the Cosori model is more affordable
- Proscenic uses its own ProscenicHome app rather than VeSync (current reviews of the VeSync app are better)
- The Proscenic fryer offers a unique combination function that allows you to choose between scheduling cooking times, choosing from the menu, and keeping your food warm
- Cosori offers a more robust and better collection of recipes
- Cosori has more presets and the option to extend the warranty a second year for free
- Both models are about the same size and weight
Overall, Cosori offers a more reliable app, while Proscenic gives you more time to schedule cooking in advance. This is important for people who work 8-hour days and want to schedule cooking before leaving home for work. Since Cosori offers up to four hours, you won’t get that same benefit.
- Schedule cooking up to 12 hours in advance (8 more hours than Cosori offers)
- Quiet operation
- The non-stick pan is easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- The unique option to schedule, choose from the menu and keep your food warm
- Fast cooking times and consistently good results
- You’ll find the presets useful
- The app is buggy compared to Cosori
- Fewer recipes to choose from, and they’re full of grammatical errors
- Instructions could be clearer
#3) Cosori CS100-AO Smart 12-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo
Meet the best smart oven air fryer currently on the market. Unlike the first two models, this combination cooker gives you more options for cooking a wide variety of foods. Plus, it uses the same user-friendly VeSync app as Cosori model CS158-AF. The main advantage here is the option to add additional cooking methods to your arsenal.
In addition to being an air fryer, this smart kitchen device gives you the ability to dehydrate, defrost, ferment, slow cook, toast, roast, broil, and more. One thing I really like is that there’s enough room to cook a full chicken and up to a 12″ pizza. The fact that I can program this device to automatically cook pizza through my phone is a game-changer.
Several final highlights are the Cosori recipe book in the VeSync app with monthly updates, the easy-to-read LCD screen, the control knob makes manual adjustments a breeze, and the ability to save your own custom settings by holding down the knob for five seconds. All in all, this is the most advanced multifunction smart air fryer on the market.
- Cooks a larger variety of foods than air-fryer-only models
- Enough room to cook up to a 12″ pizza
- Bookmark your favorite recipes, make custom recipes, and check your cooking history in the app
- Make homemade yogurt using the ferment option
- Cook a full chicken or turkey (roughly 6 lbs)
- Built-in oven light and fan (option to turn the fan off)
- Not as easy to clean as Cosori model CS158-AF
- The first of its kind, so there could be early bugs to work out
#4) Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer
Next up, we have the one and only non-WiFi smart air fryer in this guide. Though, don’t let that scare you away just yet. The main reason this model makes my list is the unique Breville Element iQ system that has the ability to turn novice chefs into soon-to-be pros. The Element iQ system uses smart algorithms (geek stuff) to emulate a total of 11 cooking techniques, including air fry.
Similar to the Cosori model above, you get just about every cooking technique with this model, yet even better performance than Cosori offers. The only real drawback is no app-enabled functions. However, the LCD display on the Breville model definitely makes up for that shortcoming.
The attractive LCD display shows you exactly what’s going on with preheat & cooking times as well as a full list of cooking functions. This way, you always know exactly what’s going on with your grub. Lastly, the oven light automatically clicks on at the end of each cooking cycle to show you the masterpiece you’ve created.
- The highest quality components of the models in this guide
- Easy-to-read intuitive LCD panel
- Automatic oven light at the end of cooking (or turn it on whenever you like)
- Preheat function for better overall results
- The smart iQ system makes cooking any dish easy by eliminating cold spots to produce even cooking temps
- Dual-speed convention for faster cooking times
- 11 cooking techniques
- No smart app
- No Alexa or Google Assistant
- Higher cost (at the time of this writing) than Cosori and Proscenic models
#5) Klarstein VitAir Smart Air Fryer
Large families who want a smart air fryer with extra capacity should definitely give the VitAir Smart Air Fryer a look. With its 10.5-quart capacity, you get just about double the space of the first two models in this guide. That means if you’re hosting guests for game day or a casual night of drinking, you’re going to blow their minds with a delicious basket of fries.
The VitAir Smart Air Fryer connects to the Klarstein app that’s available in the Apple App Store and in Google Play. At the time of this writing, the app has decent reviews – better than Proscenic – though functionality appears limited compared to VeSync and Proscenic. If you want to get guaranteed Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, it’s best to stick with Cososri and Proscenic models.
Several final highlights are the CeraPlus non-stick surface for easy cleaning, a variety of accessories including a grill cage & chicken skewer set, and the wide range of presets for cooking all types of common foods.
- The large capacity makes it ideal for families of 4 or more and parties
- Tons of presets
- Includes several handy accessories
- Big enough to air fry pizza, steaks, and other large foods
- Friendly & responsive customer service
- Very fairly priced compared to competing models
- The panoramic window makes monitoring your food easy
- Fast cooking times
- The large capacity also means a large footprint (you probably won’t want to keep it on your counter full-time)
- Limited smart app functions compared to Cosori and Proscenic
- Not as easy to clean as other models
- You may find the beeping sounds to be loud
Since smart air fryer technology is fairly new, be sure to consider your options before choosing the best smart air fryer for your kitchen. Currently, Cosori offers the best smart app with its air fryer, and its smart oven air fryer is an intriguing advancement in smart kitchen appliances.
If you currently have Alexa and/or Google Assistant devices in your home, the Vesync app gives you the smoothest experience followed by Proscenic’s app. As for non-WiFi smart air fryers, Beville’s model is the clear leader in that department with its iQ system for optimal hands-free cooking. Finally, for people who want more capacity, I like what Klarstein has going on with its VitAir model.